Valentine’s Day is a day for celebrating the ones you love… and as wifey and a mama… I love all my boys. And what better way to show my love through food? My bar cart styling has taken a turn from all things liqueur to all things candy and sweets since having babies! I wanted to do something fun & festive for this love Holiday… so love brunch bar cart it was!
With pink elements to complement the overall theme of this love holiday, I also decided to add a pop of gold. The Red Velvet Waffles with cream cheese frosting was the main centerpiece, and oh-so-delicious…. and easy too (literally just used cake mix from a box). The other sweet elements like conversation hearts and donuts just added a little more sugary vibe to the entire presentation. However, what’s a brunch without bacon? A little salt never hurt anyone and it balanced out the entire brunch perfectly!
Be sure to check out our featured Love Brunch Bar Cart on Style Me Pretty… Click HERE!!
Red Velvet Waffle Recipe
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on the box
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk or more depending on desired consistency of the icing
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, then pour some of the batter on the hot waffle iron and spread it out, being careful to not overfill the iron. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- To make the cream cheese drizzle, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in the milk until desired consistency… I liked mine a little bit thinner.
- Drizzle each waffle with the cream cheese mixture… the enjoy!