Honestly, when any baking recipe says to substitute things like butter for coconut oil or use greek yogurt instead of whatever… I immediately shy away. However, with it being the new year, and I’m going to have to figure out how to lose this baby weight soon (whenever this nugget decides to make his appearance in the takes next couple days), I’m looking for healthy/edible meals me and the family can enjoy!
Below is a recipe I made this morning for my boys… Blueberry Chocolate Chip muffins… and I LOVED them. Chirs really liked them too, he ate two in one sitting, however, he did say he felt the chocolate ships took away from the blueberries, so I might lighten up next time. Or just make a separate batch… cause mama loves the chocolate. All in all… this hit the spot and I didn’t feel bad one bit! Enjoy loves 🙂
- 2/3 cup regular almond milk (I like the Califia Original Almond Milk)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use FAGE)
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with parchment papers squares.
- Mix together the milk, oil, yogurt, and egg in a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the blueberries and chocolate.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin tin wells. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Recipe adapted from this one from dieticiandebbie.com